(Originally recorded September 2016)
Fried chicken – and fitness?
At the time we recorded this, Mai Lyn had just left her corporate job to focus on her blog. Mai Lyn shares her journey from being a part-time blogger about food & fitness, to a full-time one running a successful regional blog & creating the Dallas Fitness Ambassadors community.
There’s a lot of gold in this episode. We talk about productivity tips and the daily habits that help Mai Lyn get after the day.
Mai Lyn’s Journey
- 2:05 Why Mai Lyn created Deep Fried Fit AND Dallas Fitness Ambassadors
- 3:15 Creating a network for fitness bloggers and connecting offline
- 5:40 Mai’s foodie identity and working that into a blog
Mai Lyn Getting Motivated
- 7:15 Mai Lyn’s fitness journey and how she got past fear and negativity
- 10:00 Jumping into her passion full time and asking herself, “Why not?”
- 16:00 How Mai Lyn deals with travel and entrepreneurship
- 13:16 Time is limited. Learn how to prioritize and see what is worth your time.
- 18:40 Reel yourself back from huge dreams and keep on track.
Better Than Yesterday Quotes
“This is just my life. I like to eat, I like to workout.”
“It’s been an interesting journey learning what works for me.”
“It’s not about being perfect. It’s about balance and enjoying my life in a way that I’m happier with.”
CONNECT WITH MAI LYN
Did you like the show? We’d love if you could leave us a review & ratings on iTunes!