Gut and Execution
Wayne McCullough and I have had the opportunity to know each other for a few years now through different relationships. He’s been a great resource and mentor for me.
Wayne is the President and Managing Partner at Benchmark Private Wealth Management where he helps clients work through difficult financial situations and take care of their money.
The conversations we get into today are all about having an impact on your fellow man. We talk about how Wayne has such a heart for his community and how he helps those men be better husbands, fathers and leaders in their city. There’s so much great stuff in this episode you can apply to your own life. Enjoy!
- 3:00 Jumping from politics to law to commercial real estate and feeling lost
- 6:00 Getting the most exciting opportunity of his life running a wealth management fund
- 11:00 Building a rolodex because of his passion for building relationships
Wayne Getting Motivated
- 13:00 Being there as a Father even when you’re tired and in the middle of building a business
- 15:00 Learning to never sacrifice family time for networking
- 17:00 Working to improve fatherhood in his city by starting conversations
- 26:00 Getting involved in the fight against sex trafficking by changing men’s hearts
- 5:40 Don’t get stressed out if you’re 30 and you don’t know what you want to do. The path will keep opening if you don’t look at it through a negative lens.
- 31:00 The single biggest lie is that pornography doesn’t hurt anyone. It hurts everyone involved.
- 38:00 Comparison is the death of contentment. The earlier you can practice gratitude and contentment, the better your life will be.
Better Than Yesterday Quotes
“I knew in my gut that I had that excited feeling and I knew that this was it. Then it just comes to execution.”
“If you have everything, yet you’re empty inside, that’s really bad. That’s really painful.”
“What if your brokenness was a bridge to God and not a barrier.”