ACHIEVE WITH NO EXCUSES
Shama Hyder is a thought leader and one of the leading individuals in the online space. She is a web and TV personality, a bestselling author, and the award-winning CEO of The Marketing Zen Group – a global online marketing and digital PR company.
I met Shama at Social Media Marketing World and I was impressed by how she built both her business and her brand. Shama has not let any factor in her life stop her from achieving success. She uses no excuses and goes after what she wants.
In this episode, we get into how Shama runs her business from managing growth to branding. She also shares her perspective on being a woman in business, balancing a busy life, and getting ahead in your career.
- Starting a career in social media when it was just beginning
- Creating a company to establish the social marketing field
- Managing an accelerated trajectory and keeping her team efficient
Shama Getting Motivated
- Balancing two different brands and succeeding in both
- Finding self-development in communications and competing with herself
- Changing her point of view to see things as an advantage
- Even age can be an asset. When you’re younger you have a domain and fresh perspective. As you’re more seasoned, you have more experience. It’s about positioning it.
- Burnout is easy to prevent when you’re doing what you love. Give your all to the day and recharge with a good night’s sleep.
Better Than Yesterday Quotes
“It’s not perfection. I want progress.”
“Being a woman in business, there are a lot of opportunities out there. Everything in my life, I see it as, ‘This is awesome!’”
“I always think about today. Am I better, stronger, kinder?”